Friday, July 26, 2013

First Week in the Missionary Training Center

At our first meeting everyone introduced themselves and told where they were from and where they were going. It was amazing. There must have been 35-40 couples and 5-8 senior sisters and they were going everywhere. Some were going to China, Iceland, several countries in Africa, several countries in Central America, Independence MO, St. Louis, and about 6-8 were going to the Philippines. We were the only ones going to Manila.
 
Friday (26th) was our last day of "Preach My Gospel" Training.
 
This is what Dale wrote in his journal:
 
"I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting. It was a lot of role playing and I have done that a lot in my life in the many programs that I have attended. I have been in role plays and have even written role plays. I once led a team that developed a 2 week sales training course that was full of role plays. It is hard to get people to take role plays seriously and hard to put together role plays that actually seem real. The role plays this week actually seemed real and they made a difference for the people participating in them. I have thought some about the difference in the training programs and I have decided that the role plays in Preach My Gospel are divinely inspired and that the people take them seriously and that the Lord takes them seriously. What a difference this makes, You actually feel the spirit when you do role plays here and they seem real to you. It was a blessing to participate in this training and I can honestly say that I have never felt this way about any other training that I have ever received."
 
We will be training for five more days before we leave for Manila on August 1st.  This training will have to do with the Perpetual Education Fund program that we will be helping with in the Philippines.   


Here is Anna in front of the Missionary Training Center.

 

1 comment:

  1. not many days until you take off for the philipines

    ReplyDelete