Friday, August 2, 2013

Welcome to Manila!

Good Morning Manila! It is just after 6:00 am, not too surprising but I (Dale) am the only one up to see the sunrise this morning. It was beautiful and now I know which direction is east. It is an interesting experience to be among the first people in the world to greet the new day. It is Saturday morning here and only Friday night about 5:00 pm back in Kansas City. Just another reminder that we're not in Kansas anymore.
 
We left Provo on Thursday around 7:15 am and arrived in Manila around 9:30 pm on Friday, August 2nd.  We were all completely exhausted when we arrived at the hotel around 12:00 am. We were up for 25 hours straight. We fell asleep as our heads hit the pillow at the Holiday Inn Galleria Manila.
 
As I (Dale) sit here by myself this morning I can't help but wonder what the future will bring. I am glad to finally be here and I hope that we can make a difference in the lives of some of these people. We wanted to be able to help people and now we will certainly have the opportunity to do so. I hope we are up to it. I don't normally lack for self-confidence but I know that I will need the Lord's help in this. I have never done anything like this before. There is so much need here that it almost feels overwhelming. We can't help everyone but we can help some and we have to focus on what we can do.
 

Sunrise in Manila


 
                                                                      Anna in Manila
 

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! You will be great missionaries and you have so much knowledge and experience to share with the people of Manila. It looks like there's some smog there. But what a wonderful view! So glad you are keeping this blog so we can share in your experiences. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it but that doesn't look like missionary approved attire mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like there are some tall buildings there. Good to hear that you made it OK.

    ReplyDelete