Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Alfredo and His Bread Store


We have a Facebook account that we use to help communicate with many of the Perpetual Education Fund participants here in the Philippines.  We help answer questions or send reminders to the participants.  Sometimes we get responses from participants who are so thankful for the opportunity to further their education.  We received a nice message from one of our participants, Alfredo, back in November.

 Alfredo making his bread

He said:

"I received my National Certificate II on Bread and Pastry Production on September 13, 2013.  I am very grateful for the PEF program for giving me a chance to pursue a short course that helped me develop and enhance my skills.  I am now planning to open our bakery.  For the meantime I use my small living room as my working area and our front porch as our store.  That gives me a daily income.  Being unemployed for many years didn't stop me from being active in the church because I know the blessings will come for being obedient.  Being self-reliant gives me confidence to serve better.  I plan to construct our better looking bakery in our front yard in the near future.  I am looking forward to meeting you soon."

Bread fresh from the oven
 
 
When we received this nice response from Alfredo, we forwarded it on to the PEF Headquarters in Salt Lake City.  Just recently the we were asked to see if we could get a picture of Alfredo to go with the story that will be included in the PEF Monthly Newsletter.  We contacted Alfredo and he sent the pictures you are viewing in the blog.  This was his response to us:
 
 
"Hi, Sister.  These are pictures of my bakery and working place.  Thanks to PEF for my education.  I hope this will serve as an inspiration to all.  I would like to study again to learn to become a pastry chef."
 
Here he is in his store


 

We met Alfredo this month.  He wants to take another course so he can improve his skills.  It is very gratifying to see the Perpetual Education Fund help this good brother.  There are many stories like Alfredo's because of  the Perpetual Education Fund.  It's great to see it work.
 


3 comments:

  1. What a great story! (this is Arianne)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see some of the people you're helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep those stories coming! It is so wonderful to know the PEF is an inspired program and it really does touch and change peoples' lives! Naomi & Lance

    ReplyDelete